Things to Think About
What is a (any) government capable of?
It’s been proven throughout time that a government will do anything to stay in power and control over it’s own countrymen. As Americans we are experiencing this first hand. Over 70 years ago another example of this was prior to the entrance of the United States into WWII, the President began an oil embargo on Japan because of it’s aggressions on it’s neighbors. At the time Japan’s only energy resource was hydro power and even that would dry up in the summer months. So they were largely dependent on oil to run their country and power their war machine. Because of the embargo this was just one more reason why Japan entered into war and shortly there after bombed Pearl Harbor. The rest they say is history. So just how important is/are natural resources? What kind of value and/or importance does this put upon solar power. The sun is there for you to capture, free of charge and war (blood).
What’s your Carbon Footprint and how to reduce it?
This is a great informational website put on by Consumer Reports www.greenerchoices.org Once on the site select Resources, then Calculators. You’ll spend hours on the site.
Beware of “Build your own solar panels”
No doubt that by now you’ve seen or heard an ad that talks about building your own solar module, wind turbine or my favorite, “Breaking News: 47-year-old pattriot discovers Weird trick to beat Obama’s Electricity monopoly for good”. In a moment of boredom I watched the video on line and as most pieces like this they gave very little information up front until you buy. Basically it came down to building your own solar panels out of individual cells. The average panel is comprised of 60 to 96 cells and puts out 200 to 300 watts. Now keep in mind that a normal 4,000 watt system puts out approximately 5,000 Kwh annually and consists of about 16 panels. The panels that we sell are encapsulated and incorporate tempered glass. Yes you could make a panel but I doubt it would stand up to the elements.
Something else to think about, if you do this you will not be eligible for any state or federal tax credits nor NYSERDA incentives. In New York you system has to be installed by an eligible installer. The other item is you will not be allowed to connect non-UL approved equipment aka homemade PV panels to the utility grid. Now if your plan is to be Off-grid then go for it. I just don’t want anyone getting ripped off.
Al Gore and Inconvenient Truth
Did you know that 2 years before the Al Gore movie “Inconvenient Truth” came out he started a company called Generation Investment Management. This is a company that allows citizens to buy carbon credits to off set their carbon footprint. Amazingly enough, Mr. Gore uses 20 times the electricity of an average American. So he buys carbon credits from Generation Investment Management. How cool is that, he pays himself. I’d have to say that is very (in)convenient. Hmmm?
What to do if a Compact Fluorescent Lamp (CFL) breaks
- Open the windows and leave the room for at least 15 minutes
- For hard floors, don’t vacuum or sweep. Instead wear disposable gloves and use cardboard or stiff paper to scoop up the mess. Then clean the area with a damp paper towel.
- For rugs, use sticky tape to pick up any pieces. Then vacuum the area if necessary. After vacuuming the area, remove the bag and place in plastic bag.
- Any debris should be placed in a plastic bag. If there are no other disposal or recycling options, check with your waste pick up service, place in the trash bin and wash your hands thoroughly.
I don’t have to tell you that we are paying the highest prices that we as Americans can remember. I’m unsure if this is any consolation but listed below are countries that are paying much more for an equivalent amount and grade per gallon: (as of March 2014)
United Kingdom $8.14
Politics, a bad word?
Over the years I’ve really tried to sit quietly on the sidelines and in some ways, like the majority of Americans “bury my head in the sand”. I can’t do it any longer. Feel free to leave this page and we’ll stay on topic of RE. Past this point you agree to enter at your own risk.
Guns, guns and the Second Amendment. Please don’t get me started…
A LITTLE GUN HISTORY
- In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
- In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
- Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.
- China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
MORE GUN HISTORY
- Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
- Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated
- Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
- Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.
During WWII the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED!
With guns, we are ‘citizens;’ without them, we are ‘subjects’.
You won’t see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.
Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.
The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.
SWITZERLAND ISSUES EVERY HOUSEHOLD A GUN! SWITZERLAND’S GOVERNMENT TRAINS EVERY ADULT THEY ISSUE EACH A RIFLE. SWITZERLAND HAS THE LOWEST GUN RELATED CRIME RATE OF ANY CIVILIZED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!!
IT’S A NO BRAINER! DON’T LET OUR GOVERNMENT WASTE MILLIONS OF OUR TAX DOLLARS IN AN EFFORT TO MAKE ALL LAW ABIDING CITIZENS AN EASY TARGET.
Take note my fellow Americans, before it’s too late! The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them of this history lesson.